Liverpool’s Blackstone Street Warehouse, the popular electronic music venue, which is home to Circus and Chibuku events, will open its doors this December to KIND – the Liverpool-based charity dedicated to helping the lives of children and families across Merseyside. Working alongside The Events Company UK, they hope to reach up to 10,000 children in need.
Since 1975, KIND has helped thousands of children and families in need from across Liverpool and Greater Merseyside to enjoy Christmas. Working in partnership with a range of local statutory and voluntary sector organisations, schools and community groups, KIND identifies families who don’t have the resources to spend on the things which many of us take for granted during the season of goodwill. Using teams of volunteers, KIND packs large family sized hampers with food and toys to distribute them in time for Christmas.
This year is one of KIND’s most important to date, with the ending of the uplift to Universal credit and the rise in energy prices, more families will struggle across the region than ever before.
Utilising the vast area and dancefloor of Blackstone Street Warehouse, which is operated by Circus and Chibuku events, and situated close to the banks of the River Mersey, KIND will take residence between the 16th and 19th December. Making use of the warehouse’s space, lighting, warmth, and forklifts, which would otherwise be unused between events, KIND will pack and distribute around 1,000 – 1,200 hampers for families by December 21st in time for Christmas. Each Christmas hamper contains enough food for one week along with basic supplies and luxuries.
“We at KIND are so grateful and appreciative of the support shown by Circus, Chibuku and The Events Company UK in allowing us to use their venue in Blackstone Street to pack this year’s Christmas food hampers. Thanks to this support we shall once again be able to give thousands of disadvantaged children and their families from across our community a Christmas to remember. Between us we are making a real difference at this very special time of the year. On behalf of all the children and families who will benefit from our Christmas Appeal this year, thank you for your support.” – Stephen Yip (KIND, Founder & Director)
“It’s our honour and privilege to offer our facilities to assist KIND in their season campaign to help those in need this Christmas time. Our team look forward to helping in any way we can” – Yousef (Artist, Circus Events Co-founder)
This Christmas marks the 46th Christmas hamper initiative and follows the success of 2020, where KIND brought Christmas cheer and happiness to over 10,000 unlucky children and their families.
How can you help KIND?
- Send a cheque or postal order (please make it payable to KIND)
- Make a secure donation via – www.kind.org.uk
- Via bank transfer to – BARCLAYS BANK plc, Lord Street Branch, Liverpool. Account Number: – 70037273 Sort Code: – 20-51-43
KIND provides activities, services and experiences that show children that they and life have more to offer; helping them to reach their potential and be the best they can across the following initiatives:
- KIND Education – Supporting children in local schools through tailored education programmes that aid their development and help them reach their potential.
- Out of School – Weeklong holiday clubs full of fun, exciting, educational activities and experiences that help local children tackle the effects of poverty and disadvantage.
- Summer Residential – Giving local children in need the experience of a lifetime on an outdoor activity week in the countryside.
- Christmas Appeal – Providing large sized food hampers and toy parcels for local families in need over the festive period