Beatport and Beatsource announced that LINK streaming technology is available now to all TRAKTOR PRO users. Beatport and Beatsource LINK are currently available as an early Public Beta for TRAKTOR PRO users, with the official launch to follow in June.
TRAKTOR PRO is the most widely adopted DJ performance software. The integration is the capstone to a 16-year relationship between Beatport and Native Instruments. This proprietary technology from Beatport and Beatsource gives TRAKTOR’s massive user base a wide selection.
Coming shortly after the launch of Beatport DJ, the partnership is a highly impactful leap forward for Beatport and Beatsource customers. TRAKTOR’s deep integration with their controller line (like the TRAKTOR KONTROL S2, S3, S4 as well as X1, Z1, Z2, and F1), and broad compatibility with most industry-standard equipment, will give LINK users more control over their mix than ever before.
TRAKTOR PRO users will have access to the full suite of Beatport and Beatsource LINK tools and functions, including:
- the ability to search and playback full-length streams of the entirety of either catalogue inside of TRAKTOR PRO itself;
- access their LINK Playlists, Top Charts, DJ Charts, DJ Sets, and Curated Playlists;
- add cue points, loops, or comments to any track continuously;
- create unlimited TRAKTOR playlists and smart playlists using Beatport or Beatsource tracks;
- apply all TRAKTOR FX to new tracks and instantly test them in the mix with your existing TRAKTOR library of purchased music;
- full caching of currently playing tracks to avoid temporary internet outages; and
- playback in Offline Mode of up to 100 tracks stored in your Offline Locker (coming with a 2nd Public Beta version in a few weeks).
“This integration with TRAKTOR PRO is a long time coming for the global DJ community, especially given the history between Native Instruments and Beatport and the big overlap in our customer bases. With this major addition to the LINK ecosystem, both companies are delivering a huge win for DJs around the world and marking an important milestone in our joint mission to empower DJs. I am incredibly proud of the unwavering commitment and hard work of our respective teams, without whom this would never have been possible. Hats off to them for making this a reality!” – Romain Pouillon, SVP & GM of Beatport
“At TRAKTOR, we’re tremendously happy to be joining efforts with our friends at Beatport to make this integration happen. We believe this paves the way for unprecedented workflows in music discovery and gig preparation, enabling DJs to unearth new releases and artists and engage in nostalgic exploration. The integration also has the potential to expand a DJ’s musical sphere by providing access to a vast collection that is just one click away – and seamlessly integrated into TRAKTOR PRO. Regardless of whether users prefer to buy or stream music, this partnership will help them discover, browse, and organize music into playlists. We’re proud of the colleagues at both companies who contributed their effort and dedication to this project to make the integration possible – thanks! And to our users out there: keep the music going, and enjoy the new features!” – Pedram Faghfouri, Director of TRAKTOR
Get the latest version of TRAKTOR PRO 3 featuring Beatport or Beatsource LINK in Public Beta today in advance of the official launch this summer here.