Our resident cratedigger Andrew Wowk digs in and finds 10 essentials you might have missed during July.
- Carlota – Cool In The Pool [трип]
Beautifully textured, shimmering, EDM-inspired techno that glitters and glistens as it thuds along at a quick pace.
- Prequel Tapes – Ruin [Mannequin Records]
Marco Freivogel dons his Prequel Tapes alias and drops the BPMs to create a murky, gritty melting pot of industrial atmospherics, distorted drums, and discordant melodies.
- 2jack4u + FONZO + Margarida Lacerda – Broke(n) [OpAmp]
A dark and heady trip through an acidic techno wormhole. And it’s a free download!
- Nuel – Disincanto Road [Apollo Records]
The renowned techno producer takes a left turn and explores the concept of a “one-man-band” on this expansive electronic/acoustic crossover.
- Ocean Lam – Auditory (Jay Tripwire Remix) [Moteur Ville Musique]
Canada’s prince of proper tech house flexes his breakbeat and electro muscles with a tripped-out, acidic remix that belongs in any sci-fi funk fan’s collection.
- Alexis Vogel – ITherapy [IT Recordings]
Deep, pounding, and hypnotic techno that remembers not to skimp on the funk.
- Nicolas Bougaïeff – Nexus (Sam KDC Remix) [MUTE]
Sam KDC continues his journey through the outer fringes of techno, blending razor sharp breakbeats with growling basslines and haunting synth pads.
- Cyan85 – Elektro 0ffens1ve [Voitax]
A punchy, robotic slammer full of attitude that acknowledges electro’s rich heritage while also infusing it with a contemporary edge.
- Bass To Pain Converter vs David Kras – The Next Red [Zenon Records]
Classy minimal techno with a deep, rolling bassline, twitchy vocal samples, and a touch of live drumming added for some flare.
- Mincy – Cute Thing [Extra Spicy]
Local imprint Extra Spicy launches with a bang from label head Mincy, who delivers a percussive, and bassline heavy garage/breakbeat crossover.