Zagreb born Ivan Komlinovic has had a career spanning 20+ years in electronic music. His eclectic but techno-focused DJ sets have made him a household name on numerous festivals and parties across the region, also with many releases for prestigious labels under his belt which implies that the studio is also his natural habitat
Connected to all types of music since early childhood and began his DJ profession in 1993. Judging by music style he’s a techno DJ, but although the majority of his set is techno oriented, he often plays new skool minimalistic techno/house tunes. A sound designer, writer,producer, remixer and mastering engineer, today IVAN KOMLINOVIC is definitely one of the leading artists at Croatian scene.
With 40 releases on a number of distinguished international labels, IVAN’s DJ set is journey through techno styles builded around strong musical base and his lively improvisation. Technical skills helps him to add even more dynamic to his musical approach when needed.
Take a close and detailed look and what studio gear Ivan incorporates into his live sets. Kit includes –
– Elektron Octatrack mk1
– Elektron Analog RYTM mk1
– Vermona Mono Lancet (Monophonic analog synthesizer)
– Dave Smith Instruments Tetra (4 voice analog synthesizer)
– Din Sync Re 303 (DIY TB 303 exact replica which Ivan built by myself)
– AGKW Oktakontrol (Dedicated Octatrack faders/buttons control unit)
– Elektron Analog Heat (Multi-functional analog distortion/filter processor)
– FMR RNC (Analog compressor)
– Strymon El Capistan (Tape delay unit)
– Zoom CDR 70 (Reverb/delay/chorus which he uses to create reverb)
– Whole bunch of cables and PSU units
Read our recent interview with Ivan here