Liverpool based techno, acid, house brand 909 UK take over Decoded Radio as part of their birthday celebrations last Saturday 5th October – 909 presents Jeff Mills and Andrew Weatherall at Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool. Hosted by Luke Brancaccio we present 909 residents Samuel Lamont on warm up for the first hour of the show, then handing over to Barry Walsh to close out.
Samuel Lamont started DJing in clubs at the tender age of 17, warming up in his local club Trax in Hitchin. A move to Liverpool saw him delve in to promoting, hosting regular mid week nights across the city whilst getting lost to Paul Oakenfold at Cream at the weekend. In the early 2000’s a move to Leeds obtained a Saturday residency at Mission and regular midweek slots at Space. He later became resident for a new progressive house night at Mint Club called Quality Connects, playing alongside Nick Warren, Lexicon Avenue & Greg Vickers among others, whilst also holding down a weekly radio show on Leeds Student Radio. Other bookings also included two appearances at Tribal Sessions at the legendary Sankeys in Manchester.
After travelling the world, a move to Dubai saw a 5 nights a week hotel residency, showcasing his love for a more eclectic and downtempo sound but the lure of the UK nightclubs was too great. Sam returned to Liverpool to run the Cream Reunion nights for 8 amazing nostalgic events in Nation, playing alongside former Cream favourites Seb Fontaine, Dave Seaman, Justin Robertson, X-Press 2 and many more. After Nation was demolished Sam still makes regular appearances for Cream playing classic house, prog and trance at various venues in and out of the city as well as the mighty Creamfields.
A passion for new music saw the birth of the hugely successful 303 and a residency for the past 6 years, fusing house, techno, prog and anything that suits the mood in the Williamson Tunnels, Invisible Wind Factory or Constellations. Warming up and playing peak time sets alongside legends of the scene including Dave Clarke, Andrew Weatherall, John Digweed to name but a few.
Wigan native Barry Walsh has been building a credible name for himself since 2016 when he started playing all over the North West. Now based in Manchester, Barry’s passion for Techno has found him on many awesome line ups in Liverpool and beyond. Whilst Techno driven sets are at the forefront of Barry’s agenda, his ethos of, “I don’t like to be pigeonholed” has served him well, allowing music lovers alike the chance experience Barry’s range and enjoy mixes and sets with his always on point tastes… A skill he delivers well. With his humble hardworking spirit and a ever present love for the music, Barry is finding doors continuing to open. “Sharing sounds with everyone, creating memories is what it’s all about.” A summed up description of Barry Walsh… A man about the music and no generic DJ!
Decoded Radio hosted by Luke Brancaccio presents 909 Liverpool takeover.
01. Martin Badder – Zone [BMKLTSCH RCRDS]
02. Karol XVII & MB Valence – Aqua (Lake People Remix) [Get Physical]
03. Greg Gow – Lantana [Planet E]
04. Christian Martin – The Clapper [Trippy Ass Technologies]
05. Dino Lenny – Keep Changing Basslines [Cocoon]
06. Lone – Young Star Cluster [Ancient Astonauts]
07. Fake Blood – The Fear [Bingo Bass]
08. The Martinez Brothers – Mistakes [Fabric]
09. DJ Pierre – Acid Track (Paco Osuna Remix) [Afro Acid]
10. Loom – SE5 [NOTTH]
11. Boys Noize & Virgil Abloh – Orvnge [Boysnoize]
12. Tiefschwarz – Ghostrack (Black Strobe Remix) [Fine]
13. Andre Crom – 1989 [Off]
14. Laurent Garnier & Chambray – Feelin’ Good [Rekids]
01. Am Bam & Ignacio Arfeli – Noises In My Head
02. Cleric – 2nd Limit
03. Flug, Hans Bouffmyhre – Common Interests
04. Igor Ochoa – Glyph
05. Lewis Fautzi – Extinction F02
06. Setaoc Mass – Necessasry Evil
07. Uun – The Vanity Trap
08. Lester Fitzpatrick – Point Zero
09. Cleric – Blood And Oil
10. Setaoc Mass – Destruction
11. Vladimir Dubyshkin – Belissimo
12. Keith Carnal – Indecent
13. Modular – 4444
14. Lewis Fautzi – Extinction F03
15. Slam – Reverberation