Quite simply, Steve Parry is one of the unsung heroes of the UK’s electronic music scene. With over two decades of experience under his belt, he is without doubt one of the industry’s most respected ﬁgures not to mention one of the World’s most underrated DJs. A working DJ since the age of 15, Steve has amassed a wealth of musical knowledge and honed some serious DJ skills over his time working as manager of the world famous 3 Beat records, a 3 year residency at Cream in Liverpool and a host of headlining gigs across the globe.
As a radio host, his Red Zone show ran for 10 years on Juice FM featuring the hottest new music and regular world class DJ guests. His new weekly show ‘The Factory’ on Bliss Radio together Frisky radio continues in that vein delivering the best new music around. As a promoter Steve has had much success. Firstly with his legendary ‘Alderaan’ nights which ran from ’97 – 2001 in a room above the infamous Lemon Lounge helped to shape the very scene Liverpool has become known for. Steve’s attention to detail and crowd focused guest selections has built a solid and lasting reputation in his hometown and far beyond. Aztec and Luna have followed in successful paths, showcasing Steve’s sound alongside a wealth of Internal guest DJ’s.
These days Steve is mostly found working on his promotions company – SMP3 Music Management where he sources music for a range of DJs including Sasha, Behrouz, Dave Seaman, Sander Kleinenberg and many others. SMP3 also has a promo mail out service which regularly features tracks from labels such as Bedrock, Sudbeat, Lost & Found & Natura Sonoris.
Steve also realised a lifelong ambition recently with the launch of his ﬁrst record label, Selador Recordings which he founded together with long time friend Dave Seaman in 2013. Their primary aim was to showcase their musical diversity and its success so far is mainly down to their passion and utter devotion to quality over quantity with the likes of Danny Howells, Cristoph, Quivver, Dubspeeka, Robert Babicz, D Nox & Beckers, Jimpster, Guy Mantzur and Audiojack having already made contributions to the imprint. Inevitably, production has also grown to become a main focus for Steve in the last couple of years with several successful releases and remixes under his belt for the likes of Bedrock, Republik, Hydrozoa & of course, Selador under his belt. A music fan at heart, it kind of goes without saying, he is most happy immersed in his number one passion.
Decoded Radio hosted by Luke Brancaccio presents Steve Parry.
01. Blutch – Beau Rivage [Astropolis]
02. Depaart – Migrate (Kiwi Remix) [Last Night On Earth]
03. Ardalan – I Can’t Wait [Dirty Bird]
04. Justin Jay – Like This [Dirty Bird]
05. Blutch – Le Cite Des Etoiles (Micheal Mayer remix) [Astropolis]
06. Sasha – Comet Chaser [Fabric]
07. Caribou – Can’t Do Without You (Nick Muir Edit) [white label]
08. Tim Nolan – Cascade [White Label]
09. John Monkman – Siren [Kompakt]
10. Matador – Desire [Rukus]
01. FREE.D – Heart To Say (Death On The Balcony remix)
02. Night Talk – To A Skykark [ATLANT]
03. Fulltone – C’est Bon (Audiofly)
04. Thom Yorke – Traffic (Nomad In The Dark)
05. Dave Seaman – Donkey Engine (Doctor Dru) [SELADOR]
06. Steve Parry – Waterfloor (Yost Koen) [SELADOR]
07. Dapayk Solo – Modular Romance
08. Pontias – Over My Dead (EdOne)
09. Metronomy – Insecurity (Michael Mayer)
10. Foals – The Runner (Rufus Du Sol)