Decoded Magazine North America is now in full flow after the launch at ADE so what better time is there to introduce their new team of writers to Decoded Residents showcasing their musical abilities, both DJing and production.
We start with Peter Damian, he has been producing music and DJing across Toronto venues since 2009. Born and raised in the heart of Toronto, Peter has established himself as a sought-after DJ for his refined taste and versatility behind the decks.
Classically trained at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Peter’s strong musical background may be witnessed in his productions, which reveal a keen understanding and knowledge of music. His productions are intricately layered with groovy baselines, beautiful chord progressions and a myriad of effects that together create a unique sound, entirely his own. His remixes have been featured on labels such as Liquid Deep (Miami) and Loving Music (Brazil). He continues to be a go-to artist for many producers in Toronto looking to commission a remixed work.
Peter’s early influences stem back to the days of Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, Orbital and Basement Jaxx to name a few. However, his overall style is much more in line with the format of tech, deep and progressive house.
Peter’s unyielding passion for music has led him to impart his skills upon the next generation of artists. In 2014, he co-founded Tempo Academy, a unique summer program designed to train students about various technology and software programs, and the skills required for the production of electronic music.
As a performer, he has held residencies and played in numerous Toronto venues including the Design Exchange for New York-based designer, Stefan Sagmeister’s “The Happy Show”, Red Door alongside Sydney Blu (Blu Music, mau5trap) and Nathan Barato (Defected, Hot Creations) for New Years Eve 2013, Cobra alongside Richard Dinsdale (Weiss) and the Roosevelt Room to name a few.
Peter Damian is proud to call Toronto home and continues to spread his unique sound of cutting edge house music to clubs across the city.
01. The Boss (Original) – Gy Fos
02. Air (Gui Boratto Remix) – Melon
03. Rotate (Original Mix) -Mihai Popoviciu
04. Kill It (Original Mix) -m.O.N.R.O.E.
05. Nights & Days (Original Mix) – Aki Bergen & Richter
06. Shadow (Original Mix) – Paul Ursin
07. Move (Original Mix) – Jesus Nava
08. Double Dealin’ (Original Mix) – Chevalier
09. We Are E.Y. (Original Mix) – Electronic Youth
10. Future (Original Mix) – Wayne Dudley
11. The Word (J Paul Getto Classic Mix) – Alex Herrera
12. Chunky (Riva Starr Remix) – Format:B, Riva Starr
13. Flick City (Jamie Jones Re-Edit) – Jey Kurmis
14. Michael (Original Mix) – DJ PP
Thursday / 9pm EST (2am BST) www.danceradio.ca
Thursday / 10pm BST www.innervisionsradio.co.uk
Friday / 7pm ART (11pm BST) www.dnaradiofm.com
Saturday / 4pm ART (8pm BST) www.nube-music.com
Saturday / 8pm UTC (9pm BST) www.midnightexpressfm.com