Iconic dance music label Global Underground announces that on July 1st it will be releasing an Exclusive Limited Edition “Collectors Edition” box set of the US Billboard #1 album, – GU025 Deep Dish, Toronto.
Included in the package will be a stunning 116 page hard back Toronto Travelogue Book, Limited Edition GU Postcards, GU Luggage Tag and a 24 page “Book Pack” Deluxe Version of the CD all housed in a beautiful bespoke red GU Box. The Travelogue comes with an exclusive foreword from writer Dom Phillips and is crammed full of photographer Dean Belcher’s iconic images of Deep Dish themselves, the city of Toronto, and of course the legendary night at The Guvernment club back in December 2002 – a large amount of the photos used are exclusive to the book and have never been seen before. The album will also be made available on Deluxe CD format and for download at all digital stores such as iTunes and Beatport.
It’s been 16 years since Deep Dish’s Toronto mix first came out. Now re-released in this commemorative set to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Global Underground, it still sounds timeless. But Deep Dish/Toronto is more than a classic mix. It’s also a portrait of a moment in time, when Toronto’s nightlife was ruled by a 5,000-capacity, multi-roomed super-club called Guvernment – a futuristic music factory that dominated a desolate stretch of waterfront now booming with redevelopment. It also had a live venue alongside, the Kool Haus and big raves linked both venues together. The complex became a landmark in Toronto – not just physically, but culturally as well. The Rolling Stones played there. Daft Punk and Macy Gray played there. Deadmau5 made his name there. Sasha and Digweed played there.
This collection represents one of the most consistently creative teams in electronic music at the peak of their powers. CD1’s sinuous grooves snake through liquid rhythms and occasional sultry vocals. CD2 raises the stakes with tougher beats, echoed vocals and big-room melodramatics. But the sound is just part of it. Just as they caught the energy and life of the party, Dean Belcher’s vivid photos, full of life, light and colours, also captured the city, especially the Queens Quay port area, at a moment in time.
Deep Dish. Toronto. Stay gold.
You can pre order this item from today!
01. Louie Vega & Jay “Sinister” Sealee feat. Julie McKnight – Diamond Life/
+ Stephane K – Numb (Meat Katie Remix)
02. Sultan feat. Stephanie Vezina – Nightvisions
03. 5th Order – Sineweaver
04. Electroland – Drop Beat
05. Sultan & The Greek – Rezin
Samio feat. Bee – Into Black (acapella)
06. Cheky & Spider – In Love (Killer Mix)
07. Electric Mood featuring Melanie S. – Sacred Dance
08. Valentino – Flying (Sultan & The Greek Remix)
09. Moony – Doves (I’ll be Loving You) (John Creamer & Stephane K Remix)
10. Martin Accorsi & Jeremy Bassetti – Until The End
11. Seroya – Only Your Love (Holmes Ives Remix)
01. Situation 2w0 – Way2tite
02. Elisa – Time (Planet Funk mix)
03. Junkie XL & Sasha – Breezer
04. Sander Kleinenberg feat Miss Bunty – Work To Do
05. Paul Rogers – Krafty
06. Paul Rogers – Krafty (G-Pal Sea Paradise Mix)
07. Lowriders – Part 1
08. Miro – The One I Run To
09. Phil Kieran – I Love You
10. Knight Keys produced by Hani – Never Felt This Way (Behrouz & Andy Caldwell Remix)
11. Maurice & Noble – HoochiKoochi
12. The Youngsters – Break Them Up
13. Holden and Thompson – Nothing (93 Returning Mix)