Title: FABRICLIVE 96: Skream
Label: fabric Records [fabric192]
Released: 19th January 2018
Oliver Jones, better known as DJ Skream, who was one of the pioneers during the emergence of the South London Dubstep scene, has programmed and mixed the latest release on the fabricLive series.
FABRICLIVE 96 sees Skream mix up a selection of house and techno tinged with trance and disco. The 75 minute mix features an esoteric track selection from his recent sets and DJ performances where Skream is on full-on party mode. Of course, his sessions always contain something special, and for this mix, he has included 2 of his own unreleased tracks. Other tracks include productions by Jon Rundell, Santos Rodriguez, Sascha Funke and Steve Murphy among the 14 track mix.
Skream came to prominence through the early years with his own work and as part of Magnetic Man with Benga and Artwork. Before his residentcy on Radio 1 with the Skream and Benga show, he was known for his Stella Sessions on London’s Rinse FM.
fabric will host a special event to celebrate the launch, which will feature Skream alongside &ME and Greg Venezia in room one. Room two hosts Krystal Klear, Kincaid & Sinàl and Melé for looks to be a stonking night at the legendary London club.
1. Hieroglyphic Being, Sarathy Korwar & Shabaka Hutchings – Ashrams [Technicolour]
2. Bufiman – Peace Moves [Dekmantel]
3. James Burton – Sounds Of A Different Colour (Kincaid & Sinàl’s Remix) [Of Unsound Mind]
4. Alexkid –Yonqui [Rekids]
5. Jon Rundell – Jack The Bass [Etch]
6. Skream – An Ode To Mr. Smith [Unreleased]
7. Santos Rodriguez – Untitled B2 [Cosmic]
8. Floorpan – Made Up In My Mind [M-Plant]
9. Radio Slave – Screaming Hands (Tuff City Kids ‘Krautdrums’ Mix) [Rekids]
10. Sascha Funke – MZ [Turbo]
11. Greg Venezia – Lies [Of Unsound Mind]
12. Steve Murphy – They Are Controlled pt. 1 [Domina Trxxx]
13. LA Synthesis – Agraphobia [Plink Plonk]
14. Skream – SDN [Unreleased]