As part of its 60th anniversary celebration, Audio-Technica has brought back a fan-favourite record player for the modern era: reintroducing the Audio-Technica Sound Burger, now with modernisations including Bluetooth wireless audio.
After merging a pop art style with high-fidelity audio some 40 years ago, the Sound Burger returns with the same unmistakable aesthetic that made it such a smash hit and an icon of the 1980s vinyl scene.
While the new Sound Burger remains faithful to its roots, it’s packing a world of new tech that will appeal to any music fan in the modern age. Wireless connectivity over Bluetooth is built in, and there’s even a USB-C port for a seamless charging experience.
The updated Sound Burger boasts a belt-drive system that plays 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records, allowing the choice between singles and LPs. To ensure that the Sound Burger is as portable as ever, it even uses a dynamic balance system that sees pressure applied to the stylus via a spring, alongside a DC motor that keeps everything running smoothly during playback.
While the Sound Burger is a portable design, the inclusion of an RCA audio cable as well as Bluetooth means that it can be hooked up to a home stereo or speaker system either wired or wirelessly.
- Same great Sound Burger style but with plenty of modern trappings
- Bluetooth connectivity
- USB-C charging port
- Belt-driven portable turntable
- Plays 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records
- Uses a high-precision DC motor that maintains stable rotation
- Die-cast aluminium alloy platter with damping design
- 12-hour battery
- Replaceable ATN3600L stylus
- 45 RPM adapter
- RCA audio cable (3.5 mm male to dual RCA male)
- USB cable for charging (USB Type-A / USB Type-C™)
The Audio-Technica AT-SB2022 will be available from 1st November 2022 at www.audio-technica.com, RRP £199.99/€229.