Respected producer and DJ Martin Buttrich is back with his hotly-anticipated new project ‘Collaborator Vol. 1’. Forthcoming on Martin’s own label Rhythm Assault, the 12-track body of original productions will tie together previous collaborations with exciting, new material.
A veritable roll call of electronic music royalty comes together to lend their talents to the collection. Mostly formed in Martin’s famed Barcelona studio, ‘Collaborator Vol. 1’ is the result of friends coming together to experiment and push each other’s creative boundaries.
Martin is the thread that ties this long list of guest artists together, and this is reflected in the sounds present throughout the LP. The individual styles of collaborators come together like the many shades of electronic music present in a Buttrich DJ set; from the fast-paced quirkiness of Luciano or the Martinez Brothers on ‘Animal’ and ‘9 Pound Hammer’, to the refined house of Guti and Konrad Black on ‘New Game’ and ‘Canyon’, through to the mature, darker atmosphere of ‘Messenger’ with Audiofly and ‘Nach Acht’ with Buttrich’s long term production and sparring partner Timo Maas.
There’s surprises here too; Tiga, widely known for his vocal-led, catchy productions, turns in the subtle, meandering ‘Alpine Dub’, whilst Matthias Tanzmann and Davide Squillace join Buttrich for ‘Persuade Me’; an atmospheric track filled with layers of live elements, giving a taste of what can be expected from the trio’s Better Lost Than Stupid project.
Martin’s impeccable sense of mastering ensures the collection of tracks run smoothly alongside each other; his characteristic rich basslines, sense of melody and polished percussion easily recognisable throughout Collaborator Vol 1.
A previously Grammy-Nominated artist, Martin has always stayed relatively behind the scenes whilst producing for high profile artists – Loco Dice, Depeche Mode and Kelis to name just a few. The release of Collaborator Vol 1 puts Martin at the forefront, whilst providing a statement on his influential position in the electronic music scene.
1. DJ Tennis & Martin Buttrich – Perpetual
2. Ramon Tapia & Martin Buttrich – Evita
3. Timo Maas & Martin Buttrich – Nach Acht
4. Loco Dice & Martin Buttrich – Damn U Made It
5. Audiofly & Martin Buttrich – Messenger
6. Luciano, Kelli Ali & Martin Buttrich – Animal
7. The Martinez Brothers & Martin Buttrich – 9 Pound Hammer
8. Konrad Black & Martin Buttrich – Canyon
9. Davide Squillace, Matthias Tanzmann & Martin Buttrich – Persuade Me
10. Tiga & Martin Buttrich – Alpine Dub
11. Guti & Martin Buttrich – New Game
12. Matthew Jonson & Martin Buttrich – Synchronicity