Artesia has a new portable MIDI pad controller known as the Xpad. The latest member of the Xkey family, this offers 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads with multicolour-colour LEDs.
You can set up six banks of pads and switch between them, and there are also six assignable buttons and six assignable rotary encoders.
Artesia Xpad features:
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with 2-colour LEDs inside
- Pad bank buttons with 2-colour LEDs to switch 3 independent pad banks
- 6 encoders to send continuous controller messages
- 1 bank button with 2-color LED to switch 3 independent banks of the pot
- Edit button (single LED) for each pad or encoder to change the note number or value
- Type button with 2-color LED to set encoder cc/pitch/after touch or pad note/program/MMC
- USB to host
- TRS MIDI Out
Xpad will be available in February, and we hear that the price should be around $120.