This week’s mix come courtesy of Australian DJ / Promoter and Label owner, James Beetham with his recent mix on the esteemed Wildwood series. For more than 15 years, James Beetham has been pursuing a unique blend of progressive house, breaks and techno as a DJ, producer, radio host, and label-owner.
With a lifelong love of progressive electronic music underpinning everything he does, James’ ability to connect with an audience has seen him perform to dance floors across Australia, championing his sound and skills at iconic festivals, clubs, and warehouse parties. James’ studio original productions and remixes have received widespread support from industry giants such as Nick Warren, Anthony Pappa, Jamie Stevens, Subandrio, Bog, and Maceo Plex – while artists such as Robert Babicz, Ewan Rill, and Loco & Jam have remixed his work.
As co-owner and manager of the globally recognised progressive house label Late Night Music – as well as managing the electronica focussed CTL ALT TRIP Records, and A&R for Australian label Bunyip Records – James shows true passion for connecting with like-minded artists in Australia and abroad. His ear for sound sees James working professionally as an engineer at Jack The Bear studios – one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most well-regarded audio workshops – helping artists to perfect their mix and achieve their musical vision in the studio.
With his deep knowledge of music and dancefloor programming, James has graced festival stages and nightclub booths across the country, including Subsonic, Elements, Rabbits Eat Lettuce, Burning Seed, and Electric Gardens. He’s played support shows for artists such as Robert Babicz, Sebastian Leger, Dubfire, Henry Saiz, Nick Curly and more.
James has more than a decade of continuous radio experience including a weekly headline show on Melbourne’s iconic Kiss FM. He now presents the monthly Friction on Proton Radio to an international audience of dancefloor devotees. In Late 2021, James released his first solo EP ‘Emanation’, while his collaboration ‘Zenticle’ with fellow Melbourne artist Liam Sieker saw huge support from industry and music fans around the world. In 2022, James will release his next EP on Late Night Music, as well as other original productions and remix work.
1. AFFKT – End of the Road (Original Mix) [Mobilee Records]
2. Fourthstate – Wondershot (Framewerk Reprise) [Late Night Music]
3. Shmuel Flash, Choopie – Chilling Moments (Choopie & Golan Zocher Ambient Edit) [Agnosia Black]
4. Fourthstate – Wondershot (Framewerk Remix) [Late Night Music]
5. James Beetham – ID [UNRELEASED]
6. Imran Khan – Equinox (Original Mix) [Meanwhile]
7. Sam Scheme – Mrs. Zateeva (Original Mix) [Balkan Connection]
8. Petar Dundov – Nature of Nature (Jayden Klight Remix) [Particles]
9. Kamilo Sanclemente & Andre Moret – Acacias (Arnas D Remix) [Balkan Connection]
10. Kamilo Sanclemente & Andre Moret – Acacias (Original Mix) [Balkan Connection]
11. Rafa’EL – Lighthearter (Golan Zocher Remix) [Univack]
12. Ryan Davis – Aeons (Mango Remix) [Mango Alley]
14. Forerunners, Berni Turletti – Sacred Home (Bluum Remix) [Mango Alley]
13. Framewerk – Yeke Yeke (Framewerk Reprise) [UNRELEASED]
15. Imran Khan – Organik (Original Mix) [Proton Music]
16. Sam Shure – Opus (Original Mix) [Frau Blau]
17. Rampa – The Church (Original Mix) [CircoLoco Records]
18. Gux Jimenez, Javier Duque, Jab Vix – Space Biker (Nosh & SJ Remix) [Balkan Connection]
19. GMJ, Matter – To the Stars (Praveen Achary Remix) [Balkan Connection]
20. Tristan Case – Bubble Modulators (Tripswitch Remix) [onedotsixtwo]
21. Luke Chable – Melburn (Jamie Stevens & Joe Miller Remix) [Bedrock Records]
22. Steve Slight – Saga (Original Mix) [Mango Alley]
23. Tim Green – Her Future Ghost (Dave DK Remix) [For A Memory]
25. Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy (Framewerk Rewerk Part 1 & 2) [UNRELEASED]