This week’s ‘Mix of the Week’ comes from Lake Turner. His mix was curated as part of Max Cooper’s ‘Mesh Series’ which is a mix series where Max Cooper commissions artists to make an hour-long mix of whatever inspires them to experiment, produce, and listen to in their own time.
Andrew Halford aka Lake Turner is a London based musician. He’d previously made music in post-punk and indie groups Great Eskimo Hoax and Trophy Wife. Having been introduced to the Kompakt family by his sometime collaborator Yannis Philippakis of Foals. Lake Turner first appeared on “TOTAL 16”. This was then followed by remixes for Foals, Weval, contributing to Velvet Desert Music Vol. 2 and also released the “Prime Mover EP” on Algebra / Flash Of The Spirit. The lush ambient-disco-techno dreams of Videosphere were constructed and completed in his London studio and at his parents’ arable and sheep farm in Worcestershire, which might help explain the hazy, unhurried pastoralism of the album.
Turner presents us with an eclectic mix that nods to many reference points when it comes to music-making as well as what to expect in a club orientated setting. The addition of a remix and an original track of his own add a further taste of what he’s all about. Enjoy!
Words about the artwork – “The artwork is a photo I took on a knackered old analogue camera inside Birmingham museum & art gallery.”
01. Mattheis – Hecke
02. Jesse Woolston – Wave Remnants
03. Actress – Wee Bey (Werkdiscs)
04. Lake Turner – Ritual Repeater (Demo)
05. Pascal Schumacher – Re:Amacord (Fejka’s Daydream Version)
06. Beacon – Feel Something (Lake Turner Remix)
07. Dot Wiggin – Triangle
08. Elgato – Blue (Hessle Audio)
09. Parametric – Computer Data (Shall Not Fade)
10. Damian Lazarus – Holy (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs Remix) (Crosstown Rebels)
11. Avus – Tear (Klang Elektronik)
12. MMM (Errorsmith & Fiedel) – Donna