Moog has confirmed that the Matriarch, a new 4-voice paraphonic semi-modular synthesizer, is now on its way to dealers. Announced earlier in 2019, this patchable delight comes with a built-in sequencer, arpeggiator, stereo ladder filters and stereo analogue delay.
Moog promises that Matriarch will be “a catalyst for creative ideas and a medium for multidimensional expression.”
The Moog Matriarch retails for $1,999/£1,979 and is available from dealers worldwide. You can find out more about the Matriarch here.
Moog Matriarch features:
- Mono, duo and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer – no patching required
- 49 Full-Size Keys
- Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal into CV out, and Sustain Pedal in