Music IO is a joint effort by three of the most respected iOS music app development teams. Confusion Studios makes MIDI Designer Pro, the most-respected MIDI controller platform for iOS. MIDI Designer is adored by users, loved by Music Industry press, and trusted on stages and in studios around the World. Audeonic Apps makes the pioneering MidiBridge app, an essential tool for routing and filtering MIDI messages on iOS; they also provide the MidiBus software library, which powers dozens of successful music apps (including Music IO). The Secret Base Design team has built a range of apps providing high-speed MIDI and audio connections over Bluetooth LE and WiFi, and also develops innovative signal processing apps.
The three teams have joined forces to build the only professional USB-MIDI solution that doesn’t require additional hardware. It’s been in development for months, and Music IO will include audio-over-USB soon (iOS 7+). Music IO lets your iOS device become an integral part of a modern professional music production system.
• Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
• Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
• Choose “send to” ports (OSX and iOS)
• Choose “receive from” (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
• BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
• Runs on iOS 6 or better (10.7+ on OSX)
Download the free, companion app from the Mac App Store (musicIOapp.com/mac) and get connected in no time.
Show your support by downloading Music IO for iOS now at this low introductory price. Early adopters will benefit from these future features at no additional cost:
• Audio over USB: low-latency audio between iOS device and your Mac (iOS 7 or better)
• Comprehensive MIDI device interchange between devices, allow routing to and from specific iOS apps
• Support for multiple iOS devices per Mac with the ability to route between them
• Clocking from Mac