The SL-1200 was launched as a popular direct drive turntable in 1972, becoming a best-selling model with cumulative sales of 3,500,000 units for the series. It was supported by powerful torque, easy operation, and high durability. It became greatly admired by both audio enthusiasts and DJs who helped to unleash the DJ culture in areas such as electronic dance music.
Technics today unveiled the new SL-1200MK7 Direct Drive Turntable. The new model inherits the same features and performance as the SL-1210MK7, which was introduced in January 2019 and is already a firm favourite of the vinyl DJ community worldwide.
“Over the past decade we have seen significant call-outs from DJs, international music organisers and our sales partners to expand and evolve the Technics turntable line-up. There has been a big demand also for a silver version of our DJ turntable, which is first choice for so many users all around the globe,” says European Technics Product Manager Frank Balzuweit. “Consequently, we felt obliged to add the new colour variation to give all potential aspirants for this product the choice of look for their beloved work tool.”
In terms of technology and functionality, the SL-1200MK7 will feature the same USPs as the black SL-1210MK7. These include:
- Coreless direct drive motor for stable rotation, free from cogging and with powerful torque
- Highly sensitive yet robust S-shaped tonearm
- Two-layer platter with improved vibration-damping performance
- high-rigidity cabinet and high-damping insulator for thorough shut-out of all vibrations, even during harsh operation conditions
- Starting torque/brake speed adjustment function
- Pitch control function enables accurate and stable pitch adjustment
- Reverse play function expands the flexibility of DJ playing styles
- Stylus illuminator featuring a high-brightness, long-life LED
The SL-1200MK7 will be available in Europe from May 2021 with a recommended retail price of £799.