Scaler by Plugin Boutique is a unique and inspirational MIDI effect that makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! With note detection, scale selection, and chord suggestions, Scaler is a comprehensive but easy-to-use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.
A first of its kind, Scaler can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music, or it can inspire a tune from scratch by providing a set of initial chords in an unexplored key. With the onboard bank of 1,728 scales and modes and over 100 genre and artist presets, there’s more than enough to keep the juices flowing.
1.2 New Feature List:
- Humanise velocities: velocity of each note within chords is randomised to provide a more natural playing style.
- Midi Export Length: select length of MIDI notes for export and drag and drop.
- Progression builder now handles up to 16 chords.
- Chord progressions in the progression builder can be played to the tempo of your DAW.
- New ChordSets: Classical (8) K-Pop / J-Pop (6) Neo Soul (6)
- New Scales (11): Lydian augmented scale / Acoustic scale / Major Locrian scale / Ukrainian Dorian scale / Hungarian gipsy scale / Melodic minor scale (asc) / Half-diminished scale / Phrygian dominant scale / Persian scale / Neapolitan major scale /Neapolitan minor scale
1.1 New Feature List:
- Ability to change bound octave: Choose which octave to bind and trigger chords directly from the bind MIDI button.
- Ability to play the second line when MIDI bind is active (split keyboard)
- You can now play a melody line or bass line along the chords you trigger through Scaler.
- MIDI CC through Scaler now allow MIDI CC message pass through for better control of your external instruments.
- Ability to trigger multiple chords simultaneously: Trigger multiple chords at once and create complex harmony by combining different voicings.
- New ChordSets: EDM (5) Drum & Bass (5)
Scaler is available now at Plugin Boutique for £39.95 / $49 / €49
Scaler 1.2 is a free update for registered Scaler owners.