Revered UK label, tastemaker and authority Renaissance returns with the next instalment of its Mix Collection series, enlisting prolific production outfit Art Department across two CD’s.
Canadian Jonny White, acting Head of No.19 Music, Social Experiment and Sunday Money Music is the electronic music veteran behind the infamous & influential project known as Art Department.
With a firm original style and widely awarded, game-changing contribution to the electronic music scene, the subtleties of the deep, low-slung ad spaced out sound that has not only forged its way into Art Department’s discography but also draws clear stylistic lines back to Renaissance’s earlier 90’s chapters.
Originally breaking out the Toronto club scene Art Department have over a number of years garnering accolades such as iTunes #2 ‘Best Electronic Album’ for their debut LP, awarded the 2010 ‘Track of the Year’ for their breakout hit ‘Without You’ by long-standing authorities like Resident Advisor (UK), Groove Mag (Germany), and #2 in Mixmag(US), and featured in widespread press, including The Guardian, Rolling Stone, Vogue, I:D, Nylon and Vibe Magazine.
Released on 28th October 2016 across two CD’s, the label that has not only been at the forefront of the electronic DJ scene but documented its navigation into popular culture have drawn wisely upon one of the scenes recent innovators to create an intimately focused collection of tracks that sit at the dubbier end of techno and house.
CD 1 welcomes through the ethereal deep sounds of Route 8, Petar Dundov and Jonny White himself through a carefully crafted intro While CD 2 provides the listener with a more up-tempo offering carved from the swung beats of DJ Sneak, Fresh & Low and Sascha Dive.
Far from a history lesson or divulgence into nostalgia. Art Department has delivered a rich mix with seamless ease that includes distinct global-drawing highlights from Parisian production group Mandar, Detroit’s own Delano Smith and Hong Kong native Steve Tang to name a few.
A mix collection with an endless capacity for eerily seductive and unforgettable grooves.
1. Ambient Intro (Rainfall) – Jonny White
2. Smile – Rhythm & Sound w/Savage
3. M5A (Edit) – Maurizio
4. DC12 A1 – Deepchord
5. Lama Temple (Full Version)
6. Octagonal – Luciano
7. Nonagon – Dubatech
8. A Night Like This (Richie Hawtin’s A Dub Like That Remix) – Steve Bug
9. Oasis (Substance & Vainqueur Remix) – Petar Dundov
10. Electromagnetic Dowsing (Step 1) – Deepchord
11. Ash Dub – Route 8
12. New Day ( Club Vocal Mix) – Round Two feat. Andy Caine
1. Bodies – Jonny White
2. Faith – Borrowed Identity
3. Get Out Of The Ghetto Blues (Fred P Remix) – Sascha Dive
4. Wet Paul – Mandar
5. She Moves (Russ Gabriel Remix) – Searle
6. The Music In Me – DJ Sneak
7. Humbling Love – Moomin
8. New Life – Fresh & Low
9. Mariana’s Song – Delano Smith
10. What Is The Time Mr Templar? J Dahlback The Persuader
11. Song Of The Siren – Aphrodisiac
12. Mystic Ritual – Steve Tang
13. Dubbed Out (Deadbeat Remix) – Nitin
14. Motor City Sunrise (Jonny’s Renaissance Version) – AD/D
The Mix Collection: Art Department will be released through Renaissance on 28th October 2016.