This latest addition to RØDE‘s ever-growing range of podcast-centric products looks like it pretty much takes care of everything you need in a mixing/monitoring centrepiece such as this, with the added bonus of direct recording onto microSD.
The unit features four mic channels, three alternate device input channels – including USB for incorporating music, or app calls for those live phone-ins – and eight programmable pads for triggering sound effects.
“We released our first podcast product, the Podcaster USB microphone, in 2004,” says RØDE Founder and Chairman, Peter Freedman AM. “Since then, our broadcast microphones, especially the Procaster and RØDE NT-USB mics, have become the microphones of choice for the growing podcasting and vlogging world.”
The RØDECaster Pro is shipping now, although no pricing is available yet.
- Four microphone channels: Class A, servo biased inputs able to power studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones
- 3.5mm TRRS (phone or device) inputBluetooth (phone or device) input
- USB (for music/audio or app calls) input
- Programmable sound effects pads eight colour-coded sound effects triggers for programmable jingles and sound effects
- Pristine audio quality phone and app calls – with no echo (mix-minus). Easily adjust levels – no extra gear or messy set-up involved
- Programmable in the RØDECaster Pro or from your computer via the software
- APHEX Exciter and Big Bottom patented processing for that rich, warm tone only found in professional broadcast systems. Also includes multistage dynamics: compression, limiting and noise-gating
- Intuitive touch-screen operation. A full colour, high-resolution touch-screen allows easy control of all settings, including EQ presets for a range of professional voicings
- High-power headphone outputs and stereo speaker out, each with independent volume controls
- Records direct to microSD card for completely self-contained operation, or to your preferred computer and software via USB
- Live streaming capability