Roland has released the Aira Modular Customizers App, a free app for Android, iOS, Mac & Windows that lets you customize the way its four Aira Eurorack effects modules work.
Roland released multiple Eurorack systems at Musikmesse 2015, including:
- The new System-1m, aka ‘modular for the masses’;
- The Roland System 500 Modular Series – a line of analog modules, based on vintage Roland modular systems; and
- The Roland Aira Modular Effects – Eurorack digital effects units, shown above.
The AIRA Modular Customizer is designed to work with the four Aira Modular Effects: TORCIDO, BITRAZER, DEMORA and SCOOPER. The app lets you re-patch an array of virtual sub-modules for control of each effect’s signal path.
- Flexible signal path – You can fully customize the internal signal path of AIRA Modular effects with an array of virtual sub-modules. Saving and recalling patches is possible in realtime and you can share patches with other AIRA Modular effect users.
- Variable virtual sub-modules – AIRA Modular effects include 15 virtual sub-modules with more available through future expansion.
LFO, ADSR, NOISE, SAMPLE & HOLD, RING MOD, FILTER 6 dB, FILTER 12 dB, TONE, AMP, MIXER, STEREO MIXER, CURVE CONV, GATE DIVIDER, TRIG TO CV DELAY TIME, MIDI CLOCK TO GATE
- Re-patch via audio signal – Connect the headphone jack of your tablet to the REMOTE IN jack on any AIRA modular effect module and you can customize the signal path in realtime. Set the volume level of your mobile device to maximum.
The Aira Modular Customizer is available now, as a free download. See the Roland site for details.