The now legendary SH-101 was a monophonic synthesizer launched by Roland in 1982. In contrast to the many complex synthesizers available at the time, the SH-101 quickly became popular for its characteristic tone and simple one-VCO > one-VCF > one-VCA > one-LFO structure. A legion of artists found it quick to program and adept at bright edgy tones and exciting sound effects. Thirty years later, the SH-101’s hallmark sounds continue to be sought after by electronic artists the world over.
– Authenticity through face-to-face consultation with the original designers and research beyond the original schematics.
– Meticulously recreated oscillator and filter behavior – hallmarks of the SH-101 sound.
– Authentic behaviors including the unique interaction between low pass filter and envelope controls.
– Faithfully reproduces the unstable fluctuations that resulted from quirks in the SH-101’s circuitry.
– Classic SH-101 synth sounds – bass, lead, noise, and sound effects.
– Software layout features standard grey model, as well as red and blue models originally sold as limited editions.
Two envelope sections allow different settings for VCF and VCA while maintaining the option of classic SH-101 envelope behavior.
Reverb, chorus, delay and crusher effects that were not included in the original.
Run as many instances as your computer can handle.
Use SYSTEM-1 as a dedicated USB keyboard controller with lighted knobs and sliders that show only available parameters.
PLUG-OUT with SYSTEM-1 lets you take an authentic SH-101 wherever you go, from mobile production to live performance.
Transfer sounds between SYSTEM-1 and SH-101 with PLUG-OUT.
Supports Macintosh and Windows, and AU and VSTi formats.
SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer (not available for sale) is available free of charge to SYSTEM-1 owners. Please use the coupon included in your product package to download free of charge.