Technics has announced a 50-year anniversary of the iconic SL-1200 DJ turntable, the limited-edition SL-1200M7L.
Based on the SL-1200MK7, released in 2019, the new direct-drive turntables will be available in seven limited-edition colours (black, red, blue, white, green, yellow, beige) which have been selected to reflect the street culture that gave birth to DJing.
The SL-1200M7L’s special-edition details shine through, with tonearms anodised in a golden hue, engraved serial numbers on each individual piece, and a gold-coloured slipmat with Technics logo. Further features are listed below.
- High-rigidity cabinet and high-damping insulation for thorough shut-out of all vibrations, even during harsh operating conditions
- Starting torque/brake speed adjustment function
- Pitch-control function enables accurate and stable pitch adjustment
- Reverse play function expands the flexibility of DJ playing styles
- Stylus illuminator featuring a high-brightness and long-life LED
The Technics 1200 Series was launched as a popular direct-drive turntable in 1972, becoming a best seller. Epitomised by its powerful torque, easy operation, and high durability, the series is still highly acclaimed by DJs worldwide today.
To celebrate the release, Technics are streaming an event in collaboration with Boiler Room and Dommune, featuring 7 DJ’s from around the world. Please find a link to the event here: https://boilerroom.tv/ – Thursday 7th April 2022, 14.00 – appr. 21.00 (BST)
Technics SL-1200M7L (£899.99) is available now