Jaaps parents failed miserably at one thing, music. Years and years exposed to horrifying (Dutch language) music, poor Jaap discovers electronic music years later… As of then Jaap found his passion. He listened to sets, mix cd’s and radio recordings of Tiësto, Carl Cox, Sven Väth, Sasha, John Digweed, everything he could get his hands on. Not much later he started buying vinyl, and this time no vinyl with Dutch music!
Nowadays the world is getting to know his music… For example by guestmixes in numerous broadcast on Radio 538 (the number 1 radiostation in The Netherlands), guestmixes in Dennis Ruyers Dance Department (March and June 2011) and Tiësto’s Club Life (July 2010).
His productions (original tracks, remixes, bootlegs) played lots of times by the world’s big time dj’s. Artists like Sasha, John Digweed, Tiësto, Dave Seaman and Jody Wisternoff (Way Out West) are playing Jaaps productions over and over again and are dying to play his new stuff every time.
The styles/genres that Jaap plays, varies every gig, depending on the gig and crowd. Sometimes he plays very deep with deephouse and minimal, other times he treats the crowd with a more uplifting or raw sounding set. It all depends on the evening…
1. The Books feat. Jose Gonzales – The Cello Song (Nuno dos Santos Edit)
2. Joe Goddard – Bassline 12
3. London Grammar – Hey Now (Wild Culture’s More Sub Remix)
4. Bonobo feat. Grey Reverend – First Fires (Maya Jane Coles Remix)
5. Jaap Ligthart – Nenteme (Alessandro Diga Remix)
6. Jaap Ligthart, Mr Raf, Hezi Rachmani – All The Joy
7. Falko Brocksieper – Frantic Formula
8. Bonobo – Eyesdown (Sasha Remix)
9. Yoko Duo – Close These Curtains (Stimming Remix)
10. Guy Mantzur & Stephan Bazbaz – All Over Music
11. Viridian – Sunhump (Paul Hazendonk & Noraj Cue Bootleg)
12. Egbert – Hemelpoort
13. Jaap Ligthart – Nenteme