Jaaps parents failed miserably at one thing, music. Years and years exposed to horrifying (Dutch language) music, poor Jaap discovers electronic music years later… As of then Jaap found his passion. He listened to sets, mix cd’s and radio recordings of Tiësto, Carl Cox, Sven Väth, Sasha, John Digweed, everything he could get his hands on. Not much later he started buying vinyl, and this time no vinyl with Dutch music!
Nowadays the world is getting to know his music… For example by guestmixes in numerous broadcast on Radio 538 (the number 1 radiostation in The Netherlands), guestmixes in Dennis Ruyers Dance Department (March and June 2011) and Tiësto’s Club Life (July 2010).
His productions (original tracks, remixes, bootlegs) played lots of times by the world’s big time dj’s. Artists like Sasha, John Digweed, Tiësto, Dave Seaman and Jody Wisternoff (Way Out West) are playing Jaaps productions over and over again and are dying to play his new stuff every time.
The styles/genres that Jaap plays, varies every gig, depending on the gig and crowd. Sometimes he plays very deep with deephouse and minimal, other times he treats the crowd with a more uplifting or raw sounding set. It all depends on the evening…
1. Poolside – Take Me Home
2. Dorsia – Ghana (HNNY Remix)
3. Yousef – Beg (Hot Since 82 Remix)
4. Wankelmut feat. John la Monica – Wasted So Much Time (Kölsch Remix)
5. Dapayk & Padberg – No Words (Darlyn Vys & Maximiljan Remix)
6. Monojoke – La Foule (Jaap Ligthart Remix)
7. Miguel Verdolva – O Superman (Francesco Rossi Remix)
8. Rampue – Leporidae (Mario Aureo Remix)
9. FC Kahuna – Hayling (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)
10. London Grammar – Hey Now (Sasha Remix)
11. Marco Resmann – More Or Less
12. Eric Sneo – Metanoia
13. Asia Argento – Come (Dubfire Remix)
14. Dominik Eulberg & Gabriel Ananda – Friend Of All That Lives