A Progressive Techno dj and producer, Erik’s love affair with electronic music started shortly after he was born.
“Music was always being played in the house as I was growing up. Dr Hook, Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre, Tomita, blues, jazz, classical but it was the long car journeys during the school holidays with Jarre playing that really cemented my love of electronic music.”
Taking in everything from deep house to techno, progressive trance to breaks, Erik’s sets are a melting pot of lush soundscapes and haunting melodies sitting side by side with techno beats and energy infused basslines.
“When I first started raving, events in the South West were mainly hardcore and jungle (Dreamscape, ESP, Dance Planet), but it was a Sasha tape that was given to me that changed it all, the way he put the music together was like nothing I’d heard before, sublte and building and I wanted to sound like that. I remember seeing John Digweed @ Kaos in Barnstaple in 93 and he blew me away.”
Having taken up DJ-ing in the early 90’s, it has taken a back seat for the last couple of years since the birth of his son and allowed Erik to find his feet as a producer. So far Erik’s productions have had some great feedback and support from the likes of Scotty A, Paul Sparkes, Colin Dale and Meat Katie….. so expect him to drop his own remixes and tracks as well as edits of classics, re-engineered for his sets.
2012 saw Erik emerge from the studio to start dj-ing again, playing for various South Coast nights and bringing his trademark sound to the Bestival. 2013 has been the same with Erik guesting at Bournemouth’s top progressive and techno night, Terminal @ The Winchester, Resonance @ The Barn in Portsmouth.
As half of Isle of Wight based promotion outfit TTNT, you can catch Erik co-hosting the TTNT Mix Sessions radio show on Wightparty Radio every saturday 4 til 8pm (GMT), bringing you the best in underground house, breaks and techno on www.wightparty.com as well as promoting their own TTNT events which in 2012 included a road-block showcase event on the friday at V-Dub Island Weekend and a rammed Yule-Tied ‘n’ Twisted @ The King Lud at New Year.
Our Easter Showcase ’13 at The Loft, Newport was another at capacity event and with a Summer Showcase coming up on 3rd August and Yule-Tied ‘n’ Twisted 2 booked in at The Lud on 27th December, there’s never been a better time to come along and catch one of our party’s and immerse yourself in our world of underground house and techno.
1. Jonathan Lisle – Third Girl [Park Limited Muzik]
2. Petar Dundov & Gregor Tresher – In the woods (Original mix) [Music Man Records]
3. dubspeeka – Fix Me [Bedrock Records]
4. Pig & Dan – Breadrin Beats (Nicolas Massey remix) [CDR]
5. Agrande – Kelang (Chris Domingo remix) [Bonzai Progressive]
6. The Black Dog – Council Flat Emptiness [Unterton]
7. Cybernalia – Finding Oberon [Stripped Digital]
8. Nico Parisi & Manu Rigo – Reborn (Anthony Yarranton remix) [Bonzai Progressive]
9. Anthony Yarranton – Defy Everything (Scotty A remix) [Movement Recordings]
10. UNKLE – Heavy Drug (King Unique Smoke Nest remix) [Surrender All]
11. Gregor Tresher – Permafrost [Break New Soil Recordings]
12. Cirez D – Copyrat (Juan Demenicis Unofficial remix) [CDR]
13. Da Funk – Arpegia (Nick Muir edit) [Pumpz Recordings]
14. Einlezkind & Christian Burkhardt – Seamless Pattern [Pressure Trax]
15. Guy Gerber – Sleeping in the Bass Box [PMI Dance]
16. Rise and Fall – Imagination [Bonzai Progressive]
17. Mike Griego – Asteroids (CID Inc remix) [Soundteller Records]
18. Japanese Popstars – Ramp [Bedrock Records]
19. Reset Robot – False Widow [Truesoul]