Universal Audio has released UAD Software v8.0 for UAD-2 DSP Acceleratorhardware and Apollo audio interfaces.
Software v8.0 includes Apollo Expanded, allowing users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces to combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows.
Apollo Expanded also marks the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options with more than 25 new user-requested features.
Console 2.0 will also be coming to Apollo FireWire interfaces (Mac and Windows) in Fall 2015.
Apollo Expanded — Key Features
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Simple Thunderbolt cable cascading between units
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system
- New Console 2.0 — High-resolution 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos with over 25 new user-requested features
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity
New UAD-powered Plug-ins
UAD Software v8.0 also adds Mac OS X Yosemite compatibility and all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform:
- Sound Machine Wood Works Plug-In — $299
- Record your acoustic guitar direct, in real time with microphone quality sound using Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD
- Provides the rich resonance and vibrancy missing from unprocessed acoustic guitar pickups
- No time-consuming setup; provides consistent premium sound every time you monitor or record acoustic guitar
- Freedom to re-mic as you mix, changing and adding microphones as needed to fit your production
- UA Distortion Essentials Plug-In Bundle — $249
- Features the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 (also sold separately for $129),
- Raw Distortion (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda
- Triangle (based on the early 70s-era Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins*
- Harnesses Unison technology to emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes
- Friedman Amplifiers Plug-In Collection by Brainworx — $249
- Faithful emulation of two modern boutique amps inspired by classic British tube amps, designed by legendary amp guru David Friedman
- FX Rack features lo-fi delay, noise gate, and filter controls
- 66 impulse responses for each amp, with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear
- Re-amp less than perfect DI guitar tracks, previously recorded with other guitar amp simulations
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces
To download UAD v8.0, or for more information, visit the Universal Audio site.