The Volt Kitchen Arppe 2600 is an amazing softsynth has a multitude of Frequency Modulation options which enable it to create some truly awesome sound effects. PWM, Sample & Hold, virtual Spring Reverb, Ring Modulation, and a dedicated Noise Generator are all there! Also, there is Oscillator Sync and Filter Color (to adjust between LowPass and HiPass filter types). Most important of all, beginning with version 2.0 the Arppe2600va is now completely patchable via a cleverly designed Mod Matrix! You can have up to 12 patch routings with a very user-friendly (and visible!) drop-down menu interface, instead of messy virtual patch cables cluttering up the screen. All controls are mapped to MIDI CC#’s, and you can override the default settings by using the MIDI Learn feature. Use as a simple stand-alone synth (.exe file included), or copy the DLL into your favorite DAW or sequencer’s plugin folder.
The synth is now completely patchable (as it should be!) via a Mod Matrix below the main synth area. Also, the following has been added: Oscillator Sync, Filter Color (LowPass/HiPass adjuster), FX Type/Time/Damp for the VCA, Repeat Rate, MIDI Channel select, Last Note Priority select, and the Voltage Processor is now functional. All new programming by Gabriel Abney.
– This is a bug fix release only. It fixes the MIDI CC mappings which were not fully updated in version 2.1.
– There are 30 new patches by Gabriel Abney, plus 30 more by “Databass Tom”, for a total of 80 presets so far!
– These new presets really show off the modular capabilities of Arppe2600va!
– Also, an LFO keyboard trigger switch has been added.
– The Gain slider in the VCA now properly acts as a Global Output, and has been labelled accordingly.
– All effects have been adjusted to go through the Global Output now.
– Oscillator wave phase adjustments were made, to sound closer to the original hardware.
– Volt Processor response is vastly improved.
– Obsolete elements in the programming were removed; it might improve CPU performance on some systems.