Hard on the heels of Yotto’s debut Essential Mix that was premiered last weekend on Radio 1 by Pete Tong, the Finnish producer – signed to Anjunadeep and known for tracks like ’North’ and ‘Personal Space’ as well as remixes for the likes of Gorillaz and Coldplay – will release a brand-new EP, ‘Chemicals / Second Life’ on Joris Voorn’s esteemed Green label. Full tracklisting below.
Full of the kind of heady, atmospheric electronic music that Yotto has come to be loved for in recent years, Yotto’s Essential Mix saw him showcase his diverse musical tastes, from ethereal tracks by The Beach Boys and Sufan Stevens through to peak time techno from ANNA and Patrice Baumel.
New EP ‘Chemicals / Second Life’ sees the DJ and producer strike new musical heights with two intoxicating dance-floor cuts certain to cause impact at clubs throughout 2018.
‘Chemicals’ combines skipping hi-hats with a fuzzy hypnotic bass filtering in and out of focus. Accompanied by Yotto’s instantly recognizable big room kick drums and soaring synths, you can expect to see ‘Chemicals’ played in sweaty peak-time sets far and wide.
On the flip, ‘Second Life’ is a progressive, hot-blooded acidic cut that slowly builds into cascades of bass, synth hooks and triplet percussion rhythms, giving the track a euphoric characteristic but not without an immersive emotional depth.
Building on BBC radio 1 support that on top of his Essential Mix saw Yotto awarded 5 Essential New Tunes and 2 Hottest Records In The World, this month will see the Finnish artist head to South America to play the legendary Warung Beach Club with Recondite, Black Coffee and Joris Voorn, as well as a headline show at The Bow in Buenos Aires.
Yotto Essential Mix Tracklist
01. The Beach Boys – Mount Vernon and Fairway Pt. 1 (A Fairy Tale) (Reprise Records)
02. Benjamin Wallfish, Hans Zimmer – Joi (Alcon Sleeping Giant)
03. Death In Vegas – Savage Love (Portobello)
04. Christian Löffler – Mare (Max Cooper Remix) (Ki Records)
05. Portable Sunsets – Straylight (Dave DK Remix) (Atomnation)
06. Fideles – The Tensior (Original Mix) (Afterlife Records)
07. Evigt Mörker – Slukande Hav (Original Mix) (Northern Electronics)
08. SIS feat. Benjamin Frnkln – The Get Down (Original Mix) (Mobilee)
09. SØNIN – All Of My Teenage Crimes (Yotto Rework) (Youth Control)
10. Radio Slave – Vision (Original Mix) (Rekids)
11. Pryda – Agag (Original Mix) (Virgin Records)
12. Ben Böhmer – After Earth (Original Mix) (Anjunadeep)
13. Fort Romeau – Emu III (Birdy Bonus Beat) (Running Back)
14. Yotto – Chemicals (Original Mix) (Green)
15. Mulder – Elon (Original Mix) (Rejected)
16. Mulder – Elon (Edwin Oosterwal Dub) (Rejected)
17. Luuk Van Dijk – Unknown (Original Mix) (Circus Recordings)
18. Tom Demac – Bush Break Fiasco (Original Mix) (Flumo Records)
19. Architectural – Lipstick & Cigarettes (Original Mix) (Non Series)
20. Yotto – Your Mind (Original Mix) (Unreleased)
21. Squire – Lost Again feat. Vette (Olderic Remix) (Flying Circus Recordings)
22. Reich -Drumming (Patrice Bäumel Remix) (DECCA)
23. Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein – Escape (Lakeshore Records)
24. Yotto – Radiate (Original Mix) (Unreleased)
25. Black Mami – Tokyo Express (Original Mix) (Fine Human Records)
26. Pryda – Stay With Me (Pryda) LOOP TOOL
27. ANNA – Hidden Beauties (Original Mix) (Kompakt)
28. Andre Hommen – Abakus (Original Mix) (Vivrant)
29. Ulrich Schnauss – Wait For Me (Yotto Rework) (Unreleased)
30. The Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea (Yotto Rework) (Unreleased)
31. Kurt Baggaley – Remembering Infinity (Original Mix) (Something Happening Somewhere)
32. Sufjan Stevens – Drawn To The Blood (Sufjan Stevens Remix) (Asthmatic Kitty Records)
33. The Avalanches – Saturday Night Inside Out (Modular Recordings)
34. The Beach Boys – Mount Vernon and Fairway Pt. 2 (A Fairy Tale) (Reprise Records)